Vice President, Consumer + Lifestyle
JONESWORKS, strategy-driven communications, marketing, and management agency, is seeking a driven, creative, and highly organized Vice President (Consumer + Lifestyle) in our New York office.
The ideal candidate should be a natural leader and a seasoned publicist with experience driving, managing, and executing impactful PR campaigns for consumer and lifestyle clients. In addition, the candidate must have extensive client management background, a deep understanding of the ever-changing media landscape, and the ability to lead strategic counsel, internally and externally, to successfully align our client’s objectives with impactful earned media ROI.
- Manage account teams in the development and execution of cohesive campaigns and strategic long-lead plans that support our clients’ objectives and launches, setting model behavior on creative collaboration
- Serve as day-to-day account lead, overseeing annual strategy and tactics, event planning from fashion shows to feature pitching, product placement, client relations, and reporting
- Develop marketing and communications strategy and execution across luxury fashion and lifestyle clients involving activities involving collaborations, collections, and product launches
- Collaborate with our Consumer + Lifestyle Division team to drive client KPIs and run account management for our clients
- Streamline collaboration by holding regular status meetings with staff to ensure client strategy is understood and embraced with efficient communication.
- Actively propose alternative solutions/innovations to workflow and department protocols to continually improve on systems and strengthen account projects.
- Carry out brand related events, coordinate product collaborations/launches, and secure effective partners while keeping track of potential market related opportunities
- Leverage a network of senior-level media relations to secure high-level features and placements that position brands as thought-leaders and innovators in the industry
- Ideate and execute brand and talent partnerships across luxury, and fashion categories
- Proactively ideate on big-picture ideas and press opportunities for our clients by identifying media trends and trouble-shooting clients’ problems as they arise
- Execute large scale events, including brand activations, store openings, media junkets & oversee seasonal fashion shows and presentations across international cities
- Maintain a consistent and in-depth understanding of clients’ businesses along with their respective industries; pro-actively monitor news and trends that may impact clients, and counsel account teams and clients on how to best to respond to these developments
- Maintain sound judgment and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- 15+ years working in fashion and lifestyle public relations
- Seamless management of all PR deliverables associated with a client, on all timelines, with inputs from a wide variety of different directions and stakeholders
- Experience with consumer media relations, brand development and execution of creative and strategic communication plans
- Strong media relationships across lifestyle, entertainment, and trade
- Ability to manage a team of Directors and Junior Level executives through clear communication and direction
- Bachelor’s degree required
- JONESWORKS offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), unlimited Paid Time Off, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
- ***We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***