JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking a Vice President, Finance & Operations for our New York office. As the VP of Finance & Operations, you will be responsible for the overall management of the financial planning, accounting analysis, and operational functions. Key responsibilities include acting as a partner to C-suite executives and leadership advising on corporate strategy, operational implementation, new business, as well as identifying and solving arising and existing operational issues, in addition to providing reporting and forecasting. The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive financial management experience and working experience in a high-growth, startup environment – preferably at a marketing/creative/public relations agency
This position will report directly to the President and CEO and will manage all finances and operations for our New York and Los Angeles offices. The VP, Finance & Operations will manage company payroll (via ADP), accounts payable, accounts receivable, client accounting correspondence and prepare all financial reporting, track cash flow and ongoing budgeting. They will ensure all company operations processes and systems are compliant, as well as be able to present executive level summaries on projects, finances, negotiations, and pricing.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the accounting function to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory bodies in New York and California.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial reporting, including taking responsibility for developing Agency’s views on technical accounting matters.
- Help define the Agency’s financial strategy and build deep business partner relationships across the agency’s clients to drive revenue opportunities, cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Develop the annual corporate financial budget, including the underlying divisional budgets, as well as owning forecasting, tracking, and reporting of agency’s spending.
- Manage the agency’s routine forecasting process, as well as the long term-strategic and financial planning processes.
- Prepare and disseminate monthly operational performance reports summarizing the key performance indicators/business metrics that matter as the company evolves.
- Identify and develop solutions to improve business processes and reporting
- Manage financial controls and risk management procedures
- Provide strategic data analytics, research, and modeling to executives and teams driving strategic initiatives (e.g., talent acquisition, office expansion), reviewing pricing and packaging, and exploring new business lines and product offerings.
- Assess and make recommendations regarding new business and corporate development opportunities.
- Manage Vendor communications, contracts, and renewals
- Create and manage financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Invoicing and client contract management
- 1099 processing and other taxes working closely with the agency’s business manager and tax accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field; MBA/CPA highly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 year’s experience including 3 years of leadership experience working in an agency
- Proficient in QuickBooks, ADP, Expensify, Microsoft Office, and Apple/MAC Computer systems
- Experience working for small to medium-sized, high-growth companies.
- Strong grasp of complex accounting concepts balanced with operational and business understanding
- Business savvy with a strong grasp of business strategy, functions, markets, and risks.
- Strong reputation as an influential finance business partner with forethought to anticipate the impact of, and provide guidance on, operational and financial issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate efforts across an organization (both internally and externally), to achieve key deliverables.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal direction or supervision
- JONESWORKS offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), generous Paid Time Off packages, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
***We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***