Vice President, Corporate Communications –
JONESWORKS, strategy-driven communications, marketing, and management agency, is seeking a driven, creative, and highly organized Vice President (Corporate Communications) in our LA office.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader and a seasoned publicist with experience driving, managing, and executing impactful PR and marketing campaigns for entertainment and talent clients. In addition, the candidate must think big picture, has an extensive background in client management, have a deep understanding of the ever-changing media and entertainment landscape, and can lead strategic counsel, internally and externally, to successfully align our client’s objectives with impactful earned media ROI.
- Provide leadership, strategy, and guidance across all Talent and Entertainment Division
- Effectively coordinate and manage press coverage to strategically position clients in the corporate communications space
- Ideate consumer facing media that amplifies brand position and profile
- Significant experience in working with talent, entertainment and media clients, premieres, award shows, conferences, photo shoots, and other red-carpet events
- Develop creative and innovative, results-driven public relations and marketing programs to support client objectives, launches, activations, etc.
- Develop, drive, and manage branding and communication strategy and ensure you meet key deadlines to deliver impactful ROI
- Act as senior counsel to client to address client needs thoughtfully and effectively
- Secure high profile and top tier national and local/regional coverage for clients across national broadcast, print and digital media
- Oversee creation of original materials such as press releases, media alerts, communications, press and marketing assets, features, exclusives, and Op-eds
- Work closely with talent client’s external brand partners to lead creative and innovative, results-driven programs with their various business enterprises, partnerships, launches, collaborations, and activations
- Engage with media to secure high-level features and placements for clients and their projects
- Act as day-to-day client contact for high-profile clients and address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Organize, staff, and promote high-profile client events, interviews, photo shoots, awards, festivals, etc.
- Manage client scopes and budgets
- Maintain sound judgment and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong understanding of and ability to adapt to the corporate communications industry
- Oversee execution of PR calendar, developing story ideas and creative pitches for targeted media
- Proven ability to place features, trend round-ups and items in quality media outlets
- Aggressively pursues new media angles and story opportunities
- Actively networks with media across entertainment, lifestyle, business, trade, and consumer outlets and maintains strong relationships
- Vet inbound press facing opportunities for clients
- Creates and qualifies media lists with minimal review or directive needed
- 8+ years of relevant PR experience across a variety of corporate communications clients
- Possess solid understanding of the corporate communications industry
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and able to execute multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Proven success in securing major media opportunities including press coverage
- Strong media relations with corporate communications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and effectively proven in writing, editing, and pitching skills
- Ability to manage a team of junior level executives through clear communication and direction
- Meets deadlines without sacrificing quality
- JONESWORKS offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), unlimited Paid Time Off, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
- Salary range: $120-160k
***We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***