JONESWORKS, strategy-driven communications, marketing, and management agency, is seeking a driven, creative, and highly organized Social Media Manager in our New York office.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating content calendars, writing witty & engaging social copy, create digital marketing strategies to drive meaningful social media engagement, develop and implement the social strategy component of the overall yearly talent strategy, increase talent awareness and generate audience growth across multiple social platforms. This candidate must have a proven track record as a successful social media manager within the sports space, leading the development and growth of talent’s social footprint by creating engaging and innovative content and social copy.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly social strategies and content plans with a focus on key social platforms (Meta, TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitter, and any other emerging platforms)
- Strategize, pitch, and execute high-quality content and brand campaigns with clients for all relevant social and digital channels
- Create witty and engaging social copy for all JW clients with an emphasis on sports and knowledge of the sports landscape
- Maintain & source community management opportunities for all JW clients, keeping a finger on the pulse of what is going on in pop culture
- Work closely with our clients to understand their unique voice, goals, and audience demographics to ensure that all digital content is authentic and engaging
- Collaborate with video lead on content integration and strategy between the digital, app, and social channels
- Work with the teams and key sponsors to complement and support their respective social channel content
- Manage client’s postings across multiple social media accounts & platforms during live sports window
- Continuously monitor and analyze digital marketing metrics to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement
- Stay up to date with emerging digital & social media marketing trends, tools, and technologies to ensure that our clients are ahead of the curve
- Utilize social listening tools to monitor, manage and execute community management for our clients
- Act as a liaison between the various departments and create a streamlined process for managing social projects
- Lead in all aspects of strategy and execution of social content plans with the goal of positioning clients as best-in-class social brands
- Consistently produce and execute original editorial, graphic design, and video assets
- Collaborate with Marketing, Research, and Business Development teams to help better inform decision making and find new opportunities to evolve client’s brand and footprint
- Stay up to date on digital, social media, and design best practices and identity cultural moments and tends
- Staff client events such as photo and content shoots, press tours, red carpets, media days, etc.
- Maintain sound judgment and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in digital/social media marketing, preferably in the sports and entertainment industry
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms including the execution of social platforms across TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Threads
- Strong knowledge in content management systems and digital analytics tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of current sports, including teams, players, storylines, and forward-facing media personnel
- Jonesworks offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), generous Paid Time Off packages, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
- Salary range: $60-90K
***We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***