JONESWORKS, strategy-driven communications, marketing, and management agency, is seeking a driven, creative, and highly organized Senior Account Executive, Consumer and Lifestyle, in our New York or Los Angeles office.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned media communications professional who has experience in developing and implementing successful, integrated PR campaigns, including breakthrough media relations, leveraging social media, and activating top-tier influencers and celebrities for consumer and lifestyle clients. Candidate must have a deep understanding of the ever-changing media landscape and the ability to provide strategic counsel, internally and externally, to successfully align our client’s objectives with an impactful media strategy.
- Effectively coordinate and manage press coverage to strategically position consumer and lifestyle clients
- Develop creative and innovative, results-driven public relations and marketing programs to support client objectives, launches, activations, etc.
- Assist with ever-evolving client strategies to ensure client objectives and goals are achieved
- Assist with drafting, reviewing, and editing internal and external materials such as pitches, press releases, agendas, and more
- Strategically pitch, secure and coordinate media coverage for clients on a local, national, and international level
- Lead coordination with outside partners, agencies, and brands acting as day-to-day client contact when appropriate
- Support integrated client campaigns through a demonstrated, working knowledge of social influence, emerging digital platforms, and creative problem solving
- Foster client relationships and day to day contact alongside senior members of the team
- Management and investment of Account Executives, Account Coordinators, and interns, with a positive and proactive attitude while giving appropriate feedback to team members and delegating account projects appropriately
- Lead daily client public relations account activities including developing and managing weekly timelines and action plans to effectively execute campaigns and client plans to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Drafts, edits and is responsible for finalizing necessary media and client-facing materials
- Vet inbound press facing opportunities for clients and staff press interviews, events, appearances, etc. as necessary
- Staff client events such as press tours, red carpets, photo and content shoots, media days, etc.
- Maintain sound judgment and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong understanding of and ability to adapt to the consumer and lifestyle industry, fashion trends, and pop culture
- Oversee execution of PR calendar, developing story ideas and creative pitches for targeted media
- Proven ability to place features, trend round-ups and items in quality media outlets
- Aggressively pursues new media angles and story opportunities
- Actively networks with media across entertainment, lifestyle, business, trade, and consumer outlets and maintains strong relationships
- Creates and qualifies media lists with minimal review or directive needed
- Vet inbound press facing opportunities for clients
- Recognize if there is a potential client problem and bring it to supervisor’s attention with a suggested solution
- 4+ years of relevant PR experience across a variety of lifestyle and consumer clients with deep expertise
- Possess solid understanding of the consumer and lifestyle industry, fashion trends and pop culture
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and able to execute multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Proven success in securing major media opportunities, including press coverage in the consumer and lifestyle industry
- Strong media relations with fashion, lifestyle, and consumer media
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and effectively proven in writing, editing, and pitching skills
- Ability to take direction from Supervisors
- Meets deadlines without sacrificing quality
- JONESWORKS offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), unlimited Paid Time Off, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
- ***We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***