JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking ambitious and enthusiastic public relations interns to support our Entertainment & Talent team during the Summer 2020 semester. This internship is based in our LA office.
Interns are given the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the exciting and fast-paced world of PR, marketing, and communications. The ideal candidate is hardworking, professional, proficient in Microsoft Office, a strong communicator, detail-oriented, and has a strong interest in a career in public relations, marketing, and/or entertainment.
This is an unpaid PR internship in exchange for academic credit only. The internship begins in June 2020 and ends in August 2020.
- Supporting all members of the PR/communications staff
- Building media lists and researching editorial contacts
- Identifying media opportunities for print, digital, and broadcast
- Media and social media monitoring
- Tracking all client press coverage (print & digital), clipping press hits, and assisting with monthly reports
- Researching industry trends and staying up-to-date on current cultural touchpoints
- Sample trafficking and influencer/editor gifting
- Coordinating messenger and courier services
- Assisting with social media content creation and community management
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and eligible to receive academic credit for internship. Please do not apply unless you meet this requirement.
- Majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Fashion, or other similarly related field
- Able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Positive attitude and passionate about public relations and marketing
- Previous marketing or PR internship experience a plus