JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking ambitious and enthusiastic publicity interns to support our Entertainment, Lifestyle, and Consumer teams during the Spring 2020 semester. This internship is based in our NYC office.
Interns are given the opportunity to have first-hand experience in the exciting and fast-paced world of PR and communications. The ideal candidate is hardworking, professional, proficient in Microsoft Office, a strong communicator, detail-oriented, and has a strong interest in a career in public relations, marketing, and/or brand strategy.
This is an unpaid PR internship in exchange for academic credit only. The internship begins mid-January 2020 and ends in May 2020.
- Supporting all members of the PR/communications staff
- Building media lists and researching editorial contacts
- Identifying media opportunities for print, digital, and broadcast
- Media and social media monitoring
- Tracking all client press coverage (print & digital), clipping press hits, and assisting with monthly reports
- Researching industry trends and staying up-to-date on current cultural touchpoints
- Sample trafficking and influencer/editor gifting
- Coordinating messenger and courier services
- Assisting with social media content creation and community management
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and eligible to receive academic credit for internship. Please do not apply unless you meet this requirement.
- Majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Fashion, or other similarly related field
- Able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Positive attitude and passionate about public relations and marketing
- Previous marketing or PR internship experience a plus