JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking a driven, creative, and highly-organized Media Relations Specialist to join our Lifestyle Team in our New York office.
The ideal candidate will be an individual who loves the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media and influencers, and constantly immerses themselves in media, culture and business trends. This person will enjoy creative storytelling on behalf of our A-list clientele. Pitching experts, brands, blockbuster campaigns and more on the daily!
- Collaborate with fellow team members to drive media relations results aligned with client goals and audience targets across various media platforms
- Develop and maintain media relationships and contribute to shared intelligence of broader Lifestyle Team
- Monitor media, social, influencer and industry trends to proactively identify opportunities for client
- Help mitigate day-to-day issues directly and indirectly impacting clients
- Identify new outlets and platforms, and creative ways to propel earned-first story telling for clients
- Offer solutions and perspective to peers, clients and media
- Create media lists and creative pitch angles regularly
- Ensure tracking and capturing of all coverage for client reporting processes
- 1-5 years of experience, ideally in media relations role/environment. (Based on budget 2-5 years’ experience vs. super entry)
- Strong understanding of the overall media and influencer landscape
- Proven ability to garner earned-first coverage and conversation on behalf of brands, organizations, companies or other institutions
- Established media relationships and illustrative examples of past success
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with media databases, journalist-led tools and resources
- Understanding and familiarity with media relations tactics, practices, knowledge of media landscape
- Team player attitude, ability to manage up and down across internal team staff members to motivate and drive results
Jonesworks offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), generous Paid Time Off packages, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
***We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***