Managing Director, Consumer + Lifestyle + Fashion
JONESWORKS, strategy-driven communications, marketing, and management agency, is seeking a driven, creative, and highly organized Managing Director (Consumer + Lifestyle + Fashion).
The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing strategic direction and vision to drive growth. In addition, the Managing Director will support the Founder & CEO on high-caliber clients and brands, lead their specific clients & team, and synergize with executives on other accounts.
- Lead and supervise our Consumer + Lifestyle + Fashion division of growing executives to drive client KPIs and oversee the day-to-day account management of our clients
- Provide strategic counsel, develop long-term plans, insights, and program recommendations for clients, demonstrating a thorough understanding of their brand, industry competition and relevant media
- Engage with media to secure high-level features and placements that position brands as thought leaders and innovators in the industry
- Work closely with internal team to pitch and secure media that embodies the brands voice, both larger brand feature stories and product placement
- Spearhead and support PR campaigns through a demonstrated, working knowledge of social influence, emerging digital platforms, and creative problem solving to increase brand visibility
- Build cohesive, strategic, and impactful publicity campaigns through cultivating subject matter that adds value to new business prospects as well as existing clients
- Work closely with client’s external brand partners to lead creative and innovative, results-driven programs with their various business enterprises, partnerships, launches, collaborations, and activations
- Act as day-to-day client contact for clients and address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Organize, staff, and promote high-profile events, interviews, activations, etc.
- Manage client scopes and budgets as well as budget and profitability for division
- Maintain sound judgment and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- 20+ years working in consumer public relations
- Seamless management of all PR deliverables associated with a client, on all timelines, with inputs from a wide variety of different directions and stakeholders
- Experience with consumer media relations, brand development and execution of creative and strategic communication plans
- Strong media relationships across lifestyle, fashion, entertainment, and trade
- Ability to manage a team of Vice Presidents, Directors, and Junior Level executives through clear communication and direction
- Bachelor’s degree required
- JONESWORKS offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), unlimited Paid Time Off, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
- ***We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***