JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking a driven and creative in-house Copywriter for our New York or Los Angeles office (open to multiple cities).
Our ideal candidate is a quick learner with a versatile writing style and excellent research skills. The copywriter will play a crucial role in crafting words that define our clients brand. They will write and edit copy for a variety of projects including website, social media, press interviews and new business materials, working closely with accounts teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. This candidate must have a proven track record as a successful copywriter as well as a solid understanding of industry best practices, a strong work ethic, and an understanding of each client’s branding and marketing goals.
Role & Responsibilities
- Writing truly exceptional copy across a broad range of formats including but not limited to: website, social media, graphics, press interviews and releases, print, online media, and new business materials
- Lead ideation, brainstorm and development of creative deliverables that drive results and support key marketing initiatives
- Research and understand client’s needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews, and in-person meetings
- Work closely with account teams on strategic copy concepts that reflect client’s voice and messaging
- Ensuring that brand voice and business pillars are clearly and effectively executed across messaging
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the client’s audience and drives action
- Work with executive team to design and develop new business presentation materials including copy for case studies, proposals, brochures, etc.
- Multitask with extraordinary resourcefulness – the ideal candidate is a magician who can write in a fast-paced environment with perpetual creativity and innovation
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Creative Writing, Advertising, Communications or another related field
- 2-3+ years of experience in professional copywriting with solid portfolio of work
- Possess excellent communication, writing, and research skills to match each client’s brand identity and keep copy fresh
- Demonstrated track record of composing a variety of marketing assets across mediums
- Proofreading experience and/or writing for brands or products in the tech space is a plus
- Authoritative expertise in marketing-forward written communication, and an excellent command of grammar
- Ability to be self-motivated, persistent, and manage multiple projects at once with competing deadlines
- Proficient in content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- Relevant portfolio of recent work
- JONESWORKS offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), generous Paid Time Off packages, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, and bonus incentives, among other perks.
***We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.**