JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking an Executive/Personal Assistant in our New York office to support and report to our Chief of Staff & CEO.
The Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant must be extremely detailed and solution-oriented, have superior communication and organizational skills, as well as a strong desire to learn the business. Ideal candidates will have a dedication to excellence and very strong work ethic, as well as top notch time management skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage emails, phones and scheduling for a busy calendar, including setting (and re-setting) meetings, tracking meetings to-be-set, keeping a phone sheet, rolling calls, preparing itineraries, and ultimately keeping executives prepared, on time, and on schedule
- Manage all incoming calls in a polite and professional manner, field and roll calls, take thorough messages and direct accordingly
- Coordinate “special projects” and additional responsibilities as needed (i.e. event staffing, photo-shoots, red carpet coverage, etc)
- Perform personal tasks like running errands, making reservations, shopping and other ad hoc requests
- Coordinate all domestic and international travel arrangements, including but not limited to managing reservations, creating detailed trip itineraries with airline travel, ground transportation and hotel accommodations
- Organize, prioritize, and execute all projects from start to finish; manage timelines and ensure deadlines are met across high-priority, cross-functional projects; create and maintain detailed task lists and daily schedules
- Research and prepare background information needed for meetings
- Ability to identify problems early on and address them proactively
- Partner with Chief of Staff to manage employee/client birthdays and anniversaries, agency events, charity days, parties.
- Provide general office management including but not limited to ensuring office is organized and maintained in a professional manner, managing and ordering groceries and offices supplies
- Coordinate conference rooms and provide light catering as needed for meetings
- A passion for the entertainment industry – this is an assistant job, but we are an all-hands-on-deck kind of company, and you will be encouraged to contribute to the creative process
- Exceptional interpersonal, managerial, and verbal and written communications skills
- Organized with the ability to work efficiently and effectively while anticipating and addressing Chief of Staff & CEO’s needs
- Professional demeanor and high level of discretion required
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Commitment and dedication to JONESWORKS success
- Proactive approach with a solution-oriented mindset in all settings
- 5+ years as an executive and/or personal assistant at a talent agency, public relations firm, management company, or entertainment-adjacent company
- BA or BS in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field
- Ability to be solution-oriented, remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient while under pressure
- Strong work ethic, a thick skin and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, a strong sense of team and willingness to collaborate
- Proficiency in Mac, Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Jonesworks offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), generous Paid Time Off packages, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
- Salary: $70k- 100K
***We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***