JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking a driven, creative, and highly-organized Assistant to work in our Los Angeles office.
Ideal candidates will have a dedication to excellence and very strong work ethic, as well as top notch organizational and time management skills. Your main duty is to help the executives be prepared, organized, and ready for anything, while also streamlining LA office administration and procedures.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and creative support to the Partner
- Impeccable calendar and phone management skills, including setting (and re-setting) meetings, tracking meetings to-be-set, keeping a phone sheet, rolling calls, preparing itineraries, and ultimately keeping the Partner prepared, on time, and on schedule
- An ability to interact professionally with producers, talent, agents, executives, other assistants, and various business connections
- Outstanding organization capabilities and the ability to prioritize and multi-task numerous projects while staying very detail oriented.
- Detailed note taker with an ability to write up agendas, meeting recaps, and draft professional emails
- Researching events and background information on potential buyers
- Demonstrable experience working with Dropbox, Google Docs/Sheets, Microsoft Office, Mac, Muck Rack and Outlook
- Identifying problems early on and addressing them proactively
- Handling special projects and additional responsibilities as requested.
- A love of public relations – this is an assistant job, but we are an all-hands-on-deck kind of company, and you will be encouraged to contribute to the creative process
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Provide general support to visitors
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized and correspondences are controlled
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events and coordinate office staff bonding activities
- Oversee LA office internship program in all aspects, from interviewing to management of interns
- At least one year of assistant experience at a public relations agency, production company, talent agency, management company, or entertainment-adjacent company
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and able to execute multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meets deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(K) with standard waiting period
- Unlimited PTO days, summer Fridays and extended time off for December/January holiday
**Applications without resumes will not be considered.*