JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking a Digital + Social Media Director in our New York or Los Angeles office (open to multiple cities) to lead the management and creation of content for our agency and clients. The Digital + Social Media Director will be responsible for creating compelling visual content and digital marketing strategies with the goal of driving meaningful social media engagement, increasing brand awareness, and generating audience growth across multiple social platforms.
The role will be heavily involved in all facets of promotion strategy, community management and other digital initiatives. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with a demonstrated longevity and breadth of experience in the social sphere. This candidate must have a proven track record as a successful social media director within the brand or talent space, leading the development and growth of a company’s social footprint by creating engaging and innovative content.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create and execute an overall digital strategy for the agency and our clients across multiple social media platforms
- Lead in all aspects of strategy, production and execution of social content plans with the goal of positioning clients as best-in-class social brands
- Develop and manage robust content calendars for each key social platform inclusive of drafted assets and copy with brand franchise and voice guidelines in mind
- Strategize, pitch and execute high-quality content and brand campaigns with clients for all relevant social and digital channels
- Research competitor insights and measure ROI, KPIs, Share of Voice and other metrics in an effort to interpret data into recommendations for future campaigns and strategies
- Collaborate with Marketing, Research, and Business Development teams to help better inform decision making and find new opportunities to evolve client’s brand and footprint
- Engage with followers, respond to comments/DMs as needed in a timely manner, identify opportunities for follower engagement, and audience development
- Drive high quality traffic to our website and maintain it to organically grow the agency’s digital footprint
- Work with executive team to design and develop new business presentation materials including case studies, proposals, brochures, etc.
- Track and measure SEO as well as Meltwater and Google Analytics metrics and provide monthly reports on progress
- Stay up to date on digital, social media, and design best practices and identity cultural moments and tends
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, business, advertising, or related field
- 4-5+ years of experience in social media management and/or content creation, media production, marketing or another related creative field
- Experience working with celebrities and brands is a plus.
- Mastery of major social media platforms including (but not limited to) Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, TikTok, and LinkedIn
- Possess strong storytelling abilities and writing skills to match each client’s brand identity and keep content fresh
- Ability to be self-motivated, persistent, and manage multiple projects at once with limited guidance.
- Extremely creative and organized, with excellent communication skills and an acute attention to detail
- Proficient in Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite, social media data and management platforms
- JONESWORKS offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), generous Paid Time Off packages, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, and bonus incentives, among other perks.
***We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***