Client Finance Manager
JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking a strategic, driven, and creative Client Finance Manager in our New York office.
The ideal candidate is responsible for full-cycle client financials and main internal point of contact. This role will oversee client set-up, client billing, AP/AR, new hire setup, payroll and ad hoc reporting. This role will support VP, Finance & Operations with month end close, budgeting/forecasting and financial reporting.
- Assume role of agency finance manager on client business providing financial support to both clients and account teams.
- Present and rationalize fees to marketing and/or procurement clients.
- Forecast projected revenue on a monthly/quarterly basis. Work with VP to monitor monthly revenue pipeline.
- Review and process employee expense reports on corporate cards and reimbursements.
- Responsible for revenue % completion documents and revenue recognition each month.
- Ensure Fees are being billed and sent timely
- Generate financial reports and provide analysis in the review of monthly account and bank reconciliations in QuickBooks and P&L reporting.
- Review Client contracts for Schedules and ensure billing meets the payment terms
- Follow up on A/R items for clients to help manage company
- Provide critical support to team in managing the company’s resources which includes utilization reports, hiring needs/trends analysis, and various ad hoc requirements.
- Complete monthly/quarterly reports for Senior Leadership
- The successful candidate will have 6-8 years’ experience, with 2+ years at an agency preferred
- Confident in presenting and explaining fees to marketing and/or procurement clients
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office with very strong excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with finance and non-financial people, alike
- Ability to effectively manage workload, prioritize and streamline tasks to ensure accuracy and, take “ownership-mentality” in work/clients
- Able to anticipate problems, analyze situations and proactively come up with solutions
- Commitment and dedication to the agency’s overall success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
Jonesworks offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), generous Paid Time Off packages, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
***We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***