JONESWORKS is a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, representing an elite roster of entertainment, talent, sports, fashion, lifestyle, and consumer brands. The agency is currently seeking an Accounting Manager for our New York Office. This position will report directly into the Chief Financial Officer. This is a hands-on role with high exposure across the company. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for general accounting, financial reporting, payroll and assisting the CFO with running the Finance department.
You will partner closely with the CFO to help create, implement, and maintain processes around accounting, financial reporting, monthly close, account reconciliations, cash management, payroll, and related items. As a key member of the finance team, you will be expected to assist in evaluating and establishing processes and controls to identify areas of improvement and drive efficiency. This is an opportunity to take on a key business-oriented role in a fast-paced growing company to both run the accounting department but also learn about and contribute to overall agency financial management.
The ideal candidate will be able to operate independently and be excited to manage and build a growing accounting and finance department. You will have a strong understanding of and experience with bookkeeping, GAAP, general ledger and financial statement management, period end accounting close procedures, and reconciling accounts and subledgers. You will manage company payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, client accounting correspondence and prepare all financial reporting, track cash flow, and assist with budgeting. You will establish and ensure all company accounting processes and systems are best practice. In addition, the Accounting Manager will closely partner with the CFO for ad hoc analysis to track cash flow, financial KPI’s, client finance metrics and other related analysis.
- Manage all accounting functions including period-end close, financial reporting, and preparing summaries and analysis for management
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with GAAP for the management team
- Oversee day-to-day processing of accounts receivable, revenue recognition, client invoicing, banking, and accounts payable working closely with agency’s business mangers
- Process payroll and assist with company benefits management as well as 1099 processing and taxes
- Perform period-end close activities including journal entries, supporting schedules, general ledger maintenance, as well as bank, expense, and credit card reconciliations
- Recommend / help / develop accounting processes, systems, and controls to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures
- Responsible for cost control and expense allocation
- Correspondence and coordination with CFO and tax accountants for tax related matters and filings
- Ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience in an Accounting department as Senior Accountant/Manager
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and bookkeeping
- Proficiency with QuickBooks online is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organizational and effective time management skills
- Experience at a PR/Marketing/Creative agency preferred but not essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Customer focused; team oriented; high integrity and honesty
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal direction or supervision
- Jonesworks offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), generous paid time off packages, summer fridays, extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
***We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***