JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking a strategic, driven, and creative Account Director, Talent in our New York Office.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader and a seasoned publicist with experience driving, managing and executing impactful PR and marketing campaigns for entertainment and talent clients. Candidate must think big picture, have extensive background in client management, have a deep understanding of the ever-changing media and entertainment landscape and have the ability to lead strategic counsel, internally and externally, to successfully align our client’s objectives with impactful earned media ROI.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, strategy and guidance across our Talent & Entertainment Division
- Significant experience in working with talent, entertainment and media clients, premieres, award shows, conferences, photo shoots, and other red carpet events
- Develop and lead creative and innovative, results-driven public relations and marketing programs to support client objectives, premieres, endorsements, launches, activations, etc.
- Drive and manage the roll-out of the client strategy and ensure you meet key deadlines to deliver impactful ROI
- Act as senior counsel to client to address client needs thoughtfully and effectively
- Work closely with PR and Marketing partners (studio, network, brands) on behalf of client to ensure all materials, assets, communications and opportunities meet client criteria and align with clients brand, goals and objectives
- Oversee and manage ever-evolving client strategies to ensure client objectives and goals are achieved and results are measurable
- Secure high profile and top tier national and local/regional coverage for clients across national broadcast, print and digital media
- Oversee creation of original materials such as press releases, media alerts, communications, press and marketing assets, features, exclusives and Op-eds
- Work closely with partners (studios, networks, brands) to ensure creative, assets, marketing and press, opportunities, appearances, and asks meet client criteria and align with client’s brand, goals and objectives
- Participate in new business process including research, proposal and pitch preparation
- Manage and support Account Supervisors, Senior Account Executives, Account Executives, Account Coordinators with a positive and proactive attitude
- Contribute to development of standard operating procedures to evolve team processes
- Actively network and engage with media across entertainment, lifestyle, business, trade, and consumer outlets
- 8-10 years working in Entertainment and Talent Public Relations. Agency experience preferred.
- Strong media relationships – broadcast, long lead and digital as well as a strong portfolio which demonstrates results
- Seamless management of all PR deliverables associated with a client, on all timelines, with inputs from a wide variety of different directions
- Effective team leadership and willingness to work closely with and mentor senior and junior executives
- Detail oriented, with the ability to oversee and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Commitment and dedication to the agency’s overall success
Jonesworks offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), generous Paid Time Off packages, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
***We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***