JONESWORKS, a full-service marketing, public relations, and brand consultancy agency, is seeking a strategic, driven, and creative Director in our New York office focusing on CPG,F&B, health/wellness and kids/parenting accounts.
The ideal candidate should be a natural leader and a seasoned publicist with experience driving, managing and executing impactful PR campaigns for consumer and lifestyle clients. Candidate must think big picture, have extensive background in client management and have a deep understanding of the ever-changing media landscape and the ability to lead strategic counsel, internally and externally, to successfully align our client’s objectives with impactful earned media ROI.
- Support the Managing Director in the development and execution of strategic long-lead plans that support our clients’ objectives and launches.
- Support strategic development for organic and new business growth with deck development and client presentations
- Develop and lead creative and innovative, results-driven public relations programs to support client objectives and launches/activations
- Leverage a network of media relations to secure high-level features and placements that position brands as thought-leaders and innovators in the industry
- Act as senior counsel to client to address client needs thoughtfully and effectively
- Proactively ideate on big-picture ideas and press opportunities for our clients by identifying media trends
- Drive the roll-out of the client strategy and ensure team meets key deadlines to deliver impactful ROI
- Maintain a consistent and in-depth understanding of clients’ businesses along with their respective industries; pro-actively monitor news and trends that may impact clients, and counsel account teams and clients on how to best to respond to these developments
- Oversee client thought leadership such as conferences and Op-eds
- Oversee the creation of original materials such as press releases, features and Op-eds with little oversight
- Manage Directors, Account Supervisors, Senior Account Executives, Account Executives, Account Coordinators and Interns with a positive and proactive attitude
- Contribute to development of standard operating procedures to evolve team processes
- Oversee execution of PR programs which may include partnerships, Activations, FAM trips, media events and desk sides
- Oversee execution of PR calendar, developing story ideas and creative pitches for targeted media
- Craft the narrative for business stories and press releases
- Manage and facilitate high-level media placements
- Manage team to aggressively pursue new media angles and story opportunities
- Actively networks with media across lifestyle, business, trade, and consumer outlets and maintains strong relationships
Jonesworks offers medical, dental, vision and 401(K), generous Paid Time Off packages, Summer Fridays, Extended PTO for December/January holiday, bonus incentives and other perks!
***We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***